Recently Active Members
Recently Joined Members
Recently Added Wallpapers
Aquatic ecosystems usually contain a wide variety of life forms including bacteria, fungi, protozoan and bottom-dwelling organisms, such as insect larvae, snails, and worms but the free-floating microscopic plants and animals are known as plankton. The commensal (the species that benefits from the association) obtain nutrients, shelter, support, or locomotion from the host species, which is unaffected. A herbivore is an animal, that gets its energy from eating the plants. Fauna is the animal life of any particular region. The corresponding term for plants is flora.
The animals found in freshwater habitat are:
1. Snails, worms, turtles, frogs, marsh birds, mollusks, alligators, beavers, otters, snakes, etc
2. Some unusual animals, like the river dolphin and the diving bell spider, are freshwater creatures
3. Many small animals such as crustaceans and molluscs live there as well
4. Alligators, turtles and snakes are less particular and can be found in any of the types of habitat except fast-flowing streams and rivers.
5. Some animals, such as bears, come to streams and rivers to feed on fish while others, such as muskrats, may live there.